What to Eat to Prevent Acne
If you google search to find out the relationship between food and acne you will find a number of controversial claims. In some sites, you will find the experts claiming that food does not at all cause acne and in some you will find contradictory statements. And this tends to leave us in a dilemma as to which one to follow. However, if we take a holistic approach then the relationship between food and diseases fall in its places because our body works in conjunction with each other. Today, there are enough research evidences that point out that food triggers acne.
According to a journal published by the American Academy of Dermatology, consuming carbohydrates with a high glycemic index may slow down the ability to heal breakout. It further showed that a diet which consists of low glycemic foods showed 50% decrease in pimples after about three months. Following are some of the diets showing you what to eat to prevent acne:
1) Green vegetables are a crucial part of a healthy diet to ensure clear skin and good health. Other than the vitamins and minerals, the fiber it contains helps in the proper waste management of the body.
2) Foods rich in vitamin A help in controlling acne. At the same time, it helps in keeping the skin healthy. Veggies such as carrots, kale, spinach etc. are some of the vitamin A rich vegetables for healthy skin. Low fat diary products are another source from which you can get vitamin A.
3) Intake of equal amounts of protein is also very important for acne. It contributes towards controlling acne to a large extent.
4) Include berries, olive oil, walnuts, water melon, lemon juice, yogurt, apple etc. in your diet. These foods will be helpful in providing the required nutrients to maintain a healthy skin.
5) Cherries, oranges, tomatoes, whole grain pastas, peanuts, artichoke, grapefruits, grapes, and squash are examples of foods that help you keep clear skin because of their low glycemic index.
Diets however do not guarantee cent percent prevention or cure of acne.
However, to a certain extent it does help in preventing and is always worth a try. Other than diet, prevention of acne requires a lot more sacrifices. Exercise regularly and in addition to the diets, find a topical treatment that would be helpful in treating the breakout.