Boosting your testosterone is important as it increases the stamina and builds mass. Lack of testosterone can lead to obesity, brittle bones, loss of muscle and even impotence. Testosterone is a hormone secreted by the testes in male and ovaries in female. A certain amount of the testosterone hormone is also being secreted by the adrenaline glands in both the sexes. The normal level of testosterone in your bloodstream is in between 350 – 1000 nanograms per deciliter. As you age, the testosterone count begins to decline and may increase the chances of dying from heart attack.
Though most people refer to this condition as an old man’s condition however, even younger men in their 30s and 40s tend to fall prey to it. This condition is generally referred to as Hypogonadism. Thus it has been suggested that those men who have low sexual drive must consult a physician immediately. There are pills, injections and other methods through which you can replenish your testosterone. However, it is not sans any side effects. High cholesterol, shrunken testis, acne, liver failure etc. are some of the side effects. It can even raise the risk of prostate cancer and heart disease.
Following are some of the natural ways through which you can boost your testosterone. It has been advised to try these natural ways first before you ultimately go in for testosterone therapy.
1) When you try to lose weight, do not go for rigorous exercise instantly. Start to lose your weight slowly otherwise it can stop your testosterone production.
Weight lifting helps in boosting your testosterone level.
2) Follow a well balanced diet. Ignoring carbohydrates completely from your diet and intake of excess protein rich food can hamper your testosterone production.
3) Morning sex can also increase the level of your testosterone. It has been found that early morning erection raised the circulation of testosterone.
4) Snack on nuts as it tends to increase the level of testosterone. Diet rich in monounsaturated fats seems to have a direct effect on the testes which boosts the testosterone.
5) Smoking considerably reduces the amount of testosterone so quit it before it is too late. Not only does smoking reduces the level of testosterone, it also reduces the size of the penis.
6) Drinking causes liver damage that leads to massive rise in the level of estrogen and interferes in the production of sperm. This is not what we want so it is best to avoid drinking.
7) Masturbating a lot will also decrease the sperm count so it is better to masturbate less often and have sex instead.
In addition to these points, a good night's sleep, proper relaxation and exercises are equally important to boost the testosterone level. Sleeping in the process during which the body relaxes and all the repairs, production and healing takes place. Watch your diet and make sure that your diet provides with 30% fat, not a percent less or more, as it increases the sperm count. When exercising, stick to touch exercise to stimulate your body.