Complications in conceiving are increasing day by day. Today, majority of people have experienced infertility. There are a variety of tests to be done which can easily determine the cause for not being able to conceive. Infertility tests are done to rule out the main reason behind why a woman is not being able to conceive. The test will help in diagnosing with whom is the problem whether the problem is with the man or woman or both.
The test includes physical examination, semen analysis, blood tests, and other special procedures. To evaluate the fertility, there are a number of tests available. There are also some tests that can be done at home by your own self.
There are tests that should be done to women only and other tests that should be done to men only. The other tests however, could not be done without the co-operation of the partner. Here, we will talk of only those tests that can be done to women only:
1) Basal Body Temperature (BBT): This is one such test which can be done by yourself. All that you have to do is to measure your body temperature every morning before you get out of your bed. It is said that the body temperature rises when you ovulate. This is one simple way of keeping in track your BBT.
Keeping your BBT in track will make you familiar with when you ovulate. In this way, you can determine whether your ovulation is regular or not. Once you are aware of the regular pattern of ovulation, you can attempt to conceive following the time period.
2) Blood tests: Blood test is another way of determining the fertility in women.
It is a clinical process. The blood test is usually carried out on the third day of menstruation. The urine and blood are tested to determine the hormonal change that plays a major role in the fertilizing part. The test also assesses the level of progesterone as low progesterone would lessen the chances of ovulation. The blood test also helps in finding if there are any antibodies to sperm.
3) Laparoscopy: This is another process by which a small telescope is slid into the abdomen cavity of the woman in order to get a clearer view of the women’s reproductive organ. This is a surgical process which requires anesthetic.
Through this method the doctor corrects any problems they come across. This method is helpful to rectify blockages, abnormalities, endometriosis etc.
4) OV Watch: OV watch is one latest method to detect home fertility test. This test detects the amount of sodium chloride your skin produces. The working of this method is very simple, all that you have to do is to wear it on your wrist and it will itself detect the level of sodium chloride. The amount of sodium chloride produced fluctuates during menstruation. There is an upsurge of sodium chloride six days prior to ovulation.
5) Hysteroscopy: The method of hysteroscopy is quite similar to that of laparoscopy. It uses a fiber optic telescope to look into the uterus. Through the cervix, the uterus of the patient is filled with liquid or gas. The process is done under anesthetic conditions. If the doctor notices any abnormalities then it corrects it right away.
These were some of the tests that are conducted to identify the problem of infertility. There are also many other tests such as ultrasound, cervix mucous, endometrial biopsy, hysterosalpingogram, sonohystogram etc. However, tests such as blood test, BBT semen analysis etc. do not have any such problems aftermath. But tests such as hysteroscopy, laparoscopy etc sometimes leads to problems after the test.
Read on to know more about the symptoms of infertility. Also read on to know the facts about infertility.