You have just found out that you are pregnant. Pretty soon you are receiving lots of advice from friends, relatives and just about everyone else who knows you are pregnant. However, not all of the well intentioned advice maybe factually correct and reliable. For more reliable resources you can turn to doctors, pregnancy related websites and pregnancy books. If you are like me, nothing beats the age-old book for easy accessibility and usage. There are a wide variety of them to choose from. Most of them are authored by medical experts or experienced mothers.
So, what are you waiting for? Take your purse and step out to your nearest book store. Many leading book stores such as Odyssey, Landmark, Higginbothams have books and CD-ROMs sorted by category. This makes it easy for you to walk into their Pregnancy section and check out what they have to offer. If they do not have a particular book that you are looking for, they may place an order for you. You may also visit websites such as Amazon, Flipkart etc and check out their collection. Some websites also have e-books that you can download and read whenever you wish to. Some books come along with CDs that have more illustrations about the topics covered in the books.
Find your head reeling with the number of guides on the rack in your book store? Feeling lost and confused about making a selection? Do not fret, worry or panic. Allow us to help you make a choice by highlighting a few books for you to get started with right away.
- A Few Choices on Pregnancy Books
- Some Pregnancy Books by Indian authors
- Pregnancy: The Complete Childbirth Book by Nutan Pandit
- Step by Step Pregnancy Survival Manual and Guide by Prabha Malhotra (This book comes along with an illustrated CD)
- Pregnancy : From Conception to Birth by M R Lokeshwar
- Passport to a Healthy Pregnancy by Dr. Gita Arjun
- Pregnancy and Childbirth by Parthasarathy G
- Some Mind-Catching reads by Foreign Authors
- What to Expect When You're Expecting By Heidi E. Murkoff, Arlene Eisenberg and Sandee E. Hathaway
- The Mother of All Pregnancy Books: The Ultimate Guide to Conception, Birth, and Everything In Between by Ann Douglas
- The Pregnancy Journal by A. Christine Harris, Ph. D.
- Pregnancy Do's and Don'ts by Elisabeth Aron, M.D.
- The Pregnancy Book by William Sears, M.D. and Martha Sears, R.N.
- A Doctor's Guide To Pregnancy by Dr Rachel Donaldson
- The Working Woman's Pregnancy Book by Marjorie Greenfield
- Dr. Spock's Pregnancy Guide: Take Charge Parenting Guides by Marjorie Greenfield
- Pregnancy for Dummies by Joanne Stone M.D.
- Some e-books that you can download for free
A Guide to Effective Care in Pregnancy and Childbirth by Murray Enkin, Marc J.N.C. Keirse, James Neilson, Caroline Crowther, Lelia Duley, Ellen Hodnett and Justus Hofmeyr (Each chapter of this book has to be downloaded separately.)
Some CDs on Pregnancy that you may enjoy watching
Pregnancy Guide (Language: English)
Pregnancy and Baby Care (Language: English)