In a bid to get rid of acne overnight, what most people do is to either pop or squeeze it out. But the thumb rule is not to fiddle with the pimple as it could worsen the condition and even leave an acne scar. Acne as such is a broad term that covers blemishes, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads etc. The problem of acne occurs more commonly among teenagers but it can strike people of any age group. There are a number of ways through which acne can be prevented but for overnight acne treatment here are a handful of home remedies that you can try.
1) Applying ice pack will help in reducing the swelling and redness of the pimples. If you don’t have enough time, then you can apply a make up concealer to camouflage the pimples.
2) Make a mixture of half a teaspoon of camphor lotion, half teaspoon of tomato juice and a teaspoon of honey. Applying this mixture will help in getting rid of the scars.
3) A mixture of groundnut oil and limejuice is another option you can try. Make a paste of rose water and cucumber. Applying it will also help in the treatment of pimples.
4) Rubbing fresh garlic on the pimple will also be helpful in getting rid of the pimple, but remember, while applying garlic over the acne, do apply vaseline over the surrounding skin, as garlic can burn the normal skin.
5) Toothpaste is also a very effective remedy for getting rid of pimples or acne.
Apply it on the pimples and keep it overnight. The next day you will find the pimples reducing its swelling.
6) Apply the mixture of lemon juice and rose water on your face. After about 30 minutes, wash it off with fresh water. Do it regularly for about 15 days and see the difference.
7) Dab the area affected by acne with some apple cider vinegar or hydrogen peroxide. It will help the area to dry faster.
Of all the home remedies, toothpaste technique and pricking technique are the most effective in getting rid of acne overnight.
Wash your face with lukewarm water to get rid of the dirt. This will also open up the pores for deep cleansing. Apply any herbal toothpaste on the spots and leave it overnight. Some say to leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash it off. After applying it with toothpaste, wash it off with alcohol or an anti-bacterial soap to get rid of the bacteria.
This technique is best for getting rid of yellow pimples. Wash your face with lukewarm water and prick it with a needle. Immediately, apply alcohol on it or wash it with anti-bacterial soap. You can even rub some ice on it to close the pore opening.
However, getting rid of pimples overnight means it will take atleast 2-3 days to completely get rid of the pimples. With these home remedies you will see the improvement within a couple of days. But before you adopt any home remedies, go for a thorough research.