A 2 year old child requires various nutrients for his body growth. This is the year when he comes out of his milk feed period. Earlier it was milk that managed all the nutrients in his body, but now milk is not sufficient to cater all his body needs. His body now requires a correct proportion of minerals, proteins, vitamins and calories. You should consult your doctor so as to get for your child a good and efficient diet plan so that the diet that you provide to your baby covers all the nutrients essential for him
Before going for a diet plan parents should themselves take a few steps to form good eating habits in their child.
Firstly, they should force them to have little amounts of food from time to time in a day. This will keep the energy levels of the child up all day long.
Secondly, it is the best time to form the habit of eating fruits in him. So encourage your child to like the taste of fruits and regular intakes of them.
Thirdly, avoid giving him carbonated drinks and try to form in him a habit ofstaying away from these kinds of drinks containing a lot of preservatives. You can develop a habit of taking in fresh juices and even mock tails prepared from them in your child so that he does not demand from you the various other unhygienic cold drinks.
Lastly, form in him the habit of eating green vegetables and also fruits as they contain a lot of fibre that is good for the body.
Here is the diet plan for a 2 year old baby, which if followed really makes your child grow in a healthy manner.
Early Hours/ morning time
- A cup of milk.
- 2 peeled almonds that were soaked all night
- 1 or 2 idlis with coconut chutney or sambhar
- 1 vegetable paratha along with ½ cup of the curd
- ½ cup of dalia or ragi in creamy milk and garnished with chopped dry fruits
- Grilled sandwich with onions, tomato and paneer inside
- A plain dosa or 1-2 moong dal chilla with coriander chutney
- Use vegetables like carrots, peas, beans in ½ cup suji upma. Also you can use coconut in it.
- ½ cup cooked vegetables with 1 bajra roti
- 1 fresh fruit as in fruit chat or Cut the fruit into cubes.
- 1 cup vegetable or tomato soup
- 1 cup of vegetable or fruit juice
- 1-2 tsp of seasonal vegetables, like methi, lauki, etc. with ½ cup rice or 1 chapatti and ¼ cup dal
- 5-6 tablespoons chholey or rajma
- ½ cup veg biryani and grated carrots or sliced cucumber.
- ½ cup baked vegetables like mashed potatoes, cauliflower, peas and beans with soup.
- In ½ cup rice us ¼ cup rasam or kadhi.
- ½ cup moong dal khichri with seasonal vegetables like matar (peas), gajar aloo (carrot n potato), and aloo methi.
- ½ to 1 cup fruit chat with chopped bananas, grapes, apple, etc.
- ½ cup milk and 1/2 -1 banana muffin.
- Use 1 cup whole cream milk and a seasonal fruit to prepare a smoothie.
- 1 paneer cutlet with ½ cup milk.
- walnut bread with ½ cup milk or ½ - 1 slice fruit.
- 1 full wheat bread roll.
- ½ cup veg khichri with vegetables like carrots, peas and potatoes.
- 1 cup fruit (mango, banana or strawberry) milkshake
- ¼ cup aloo curry and soya granules with 1 chapatti or ½ cup rice.
- 1 chapatti or parantha with ¼ cup matar paneer .
- ¼ cup dal, with 1 chapatti or ½ cup rice and a seasonal vegetable like carrot, bhindi, gobhi, etc.
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread topped with chopped vegetables like cottage cheese, capsicum, beans, onions and tomatoes.
- ½-1 small parantha with ¼ cup paneer kofta curry.
- Small vegetable pizza with capsicum, tomatoes and and cheese topping.
Use this diet plan for a healthy growth of your child. Besides, also use desserts occasionally and make full use of honey to make the dessert sweet. Make your child a happy and healthy one by changing his food habits in a most significant manner.