How does this diet work?
What is so special about this diet? Very obviously, it lasts for only SEVEN DAYS that passes with the blink of an eye.
The reason for Cabbage Soup Diet being so low in calories, doctors do not allow you to continue it after you have followed the diet for one week.
During these 7 days, your main meal is Cabbage Soup which is rich in fiber and very low in fat. There is no limit, you can eat as much of it as you want.
Surprisingly, on each of the seven days you have another "special treat".
Throughout the week, only water and unsweetened tea should be preferred.
The Cabbage Soup Recipe
- the stepping-stone to success in losing your weight
- 1 head of cabbage
- 6 large green onions
- 2 green peppers
- 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
- 3 Carrots
- 1 bunch of celery
- 1 package of onion soup mix
- any herbs or spices desired
- Mix all the veggies in a huge pot and boil them for about 10 minutes.
- I used this recipe - its really delicious! Just try it!
- On internet you will find cabbage soup recipes that are a bit different, but generally all have the same effect.
- Try them out and enjoy!! (at least for the first few days)
- Yummy recipe variations....
- There are many more variations for the cabbage soup recipe. Have a look...
Italian Style Cabbage Soup
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup chopped Italian parsley (flat leaf)
- 4 fresh oregano leaves, crushed,
- or 1 teaspoon dried
Mushroom meets Cabbage
- 1 can of Mushrooms (10 ounces)
- 1 extra onion
- Cayenne Pepper
- Black Nero Soup
- 1 large onion
- 500g potatoes
- 200 - 300g black nero cabbage
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, chopped, e.g. thyme, parsley
- 30ml vegetable oil
- 200g cooked cannelloni beans or butter beans (optional)
Just have fun creating more variations like this to your special 7-day weight loss program, the Cabbage Soup Diet Plan. And get ready for any special occasion or event!