Here you will find the comparison between the foods that are acidic and alkaline. And we will tell you which foods are better for your health.
1. Meats and oils
5. Frozen foods
6. Ice creams
And almost 90% of our food intake is acidic by nature.
Alkaline diets prevent the formation of calcium kidney stones, osteoporosis, and age-related muscle wasting.
3. Raw milk
4. Soy milk
5. Wheat grass
6. Germ grass
8. Herbal tea
9. All fruits except Cranberries
10. Melons and Grapes
11. Lemon- Though sour in taste yet not acidifying- Lemonade made with stevia and sea salt is highly alkaline and very refreshing
12. Quinoa, Amaranth, Millet, Buckwheat (grains)- All other grains are highly acidic
The Greener The Vegetable, The More Alkaline
- So when looking for such vegetables, go for the greens like broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, wheat grass, lettuce, and so on are high alkaline foods and are highly beneficial to the body.
- Vegetables like mushrooms, onions, peas, pepper bells, parsley, radish, cucumber, tomatoes, potatoes with their peels and garlic though not green vegetables, but they also fall into this category only.
- But please stay miles away from the highly-acidic foods like animal flesh, processed food, eggplants, fats and even lentils. These acidic foods are really fatal for the body.
- Wheat is an acidic food but wheat grass is alkaline
- Similarly raw spinach is alkaline by nature but if you cook it, it gets highly acidic. Milk is also alkaline but only if it is raw. All processed forms of dairy are acidic and are to be avoided.
- For more information on these foods, read benefits of alkaline diet.
- And for more information on diet or diet plans, go through our health ezine and see the difference it makes to your health!