Silky soft hands and feet are truly beautiful as they feel like rose petals. You can make use of a number of homemade recipes and remedies to remove dead skin cells and make your hands super soft.
As hands tend to become dull and rough when not taken care of, you need to scrub and clean your hands on a regular basis.
Moreover, you can use ingredients like honey, lemon juice, orange juice, etc. to soften the skin. However, avoid exfoliating the skin or using citric juices on broken skin.
Natural Cures to Keep Your Hands Soft
• Soaking your hands in a bowl of milk (preferably warm) for about five minutes is useful in making your hands tender and soft.
• Simply rubbing a piece of lemon on the hands removes the accumulation of dirt. In addition, lemon juice is beneficial for getting soft skin. To make this treatment more effective, sprinkle some sea salt on a lemon slice and then rub it on your hands.
• Exfoliate the skin on your hands once in a week by scrubbing with a mixture prepared by combining a cup of sugar, a teaspoon of olive oil, and a few drops of peppermint oil, or any other essential oil. You may add a tablespoon of milk as well.
• Rubbing a teaspoon of sugar, fresh cream and a few drops of lemon juice is effective in getting soft and beautiful hands. Besides, a pumice stone can be used for exfoliation.
• Treat your hands with a hand spa at home by adding rosemary sprigs, a few drops of rosemary essential oil, and two teaspoons of olive oil in a bowl filled with warm water. Soak your tired hands in this fragrant solution for 5-10 minutes.
• Massage your hands gently with your fingers in circular motion to improve circulation. It also relieves stress. You can rub almond oil, olive oil, or coconut oil on skin while doing the massage to make the skin smooth. Opt for coconut oil if you have dry skin.
• Take a boiled potato, peel and mash it. Next, add two teaspoons of milk and an equal amount of honey in it. Leave this paste on hands for 15 minutes and then wash it off to get super soft hands.
• Daily soak your hands in a mixture of lime juice, rose water and glycerin for a few minutes, two to three times in a day.
• Check out this video showing a natural remedy for getting soft hands.
• Another natural way to make your hands smooth is to apply a mixture of oatmeal, olive oil, and glycerin.
• Mix some sea salt or Epsom salt in olive oil and apply this mixture on the hands. Finally, massage shea butter onto your hands to make them smooth.
• Heat about four tablespoons of cocoa butter in a microwave for a few seconds and two teaspoons each of grape seed oil (you can also use almond oil) and water in it.
Scrubbing and Exfoliation
Finally, put a few drops of sandalwood oil and a tablespoon of brown sugar in the mixture. Exfoliate your hands once in a week with this lavish homemade recipe.
• Regularly applying a combination of cucumber juice and glycerin helps in making your hands beautiful and soft. Similarly, you can use a combination of orange juice and honey, or tomato juice, lemon juice and honey.
• Simply rinsing your hands in a solution of apple cider vinegar and water has a soothing effect on tired hands.
• One of the easiest home remedies to make your hands soft and smooth is to apply a moisturizing lotion or a petroleum jelly on your hands and put on cotton gloves before going to bed so that the cream stays on your hands throughout the night.
Tips for Maintaining Soft Hands
• Always use a mild soap for washing your hands (to avoid pH damage), followed by the application of a moisturizing cream.
• After washing your hands, use a soft towel to dry them. At times, you may be tempted to simply leave the towel and let your hands dry in the air. Avoid doing this, though, because it makes the skin dry and encourages chapping.
• To keep your hands soft, wear rubber gloves while doing the dishes or some other job that involve washing.
• When going out in the sun, apply sun screen lotion not just on your face but hands too, otherwise they are likely to become coarse.